Many variables factor into how well email performs for your business. The following HubSpot Marketing Email Analytics Overview example will help you focus on some key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Delivery Rate
- Open Rate
- Click Rate
- Click Through Rate (CTR)
- Bounce Rate
- Abuse Complaint Rate
How well does email convert for your audience?
Only way to know ... test ... test ... then ... wait for it ... test some more. :)
Skip the typical bs -- i.e., generic email blasts to non-segmented lists.
Start with laser focus ...
- Send a highly personalized email to a very specific segment of your list.
- Then optimize by tweaking that send (over time) until you achieve an acceptable open rate (>30% -- average is 20.81%, but we don't believe in 'average', so ...)
- AND, more importantly, tweak that send until you achieve an acceptable click-through-rate (>3%? -- only you know what's acceptable here).
- see Average Open Rates for Email & Other Email Benchmarks (MailChimp)
Important distinctions between Click Rate and Click-Through-Rate (CTR)
Emails perform better when they have:
- Great subject lines
- Strong CTAs ...
- Personalization ...
- Real sent-from addresses ...
- Targeted, opted-in recipient lists ...
Many variables factor into how well email performs for your business. The following HubSpot Marketing Email Analytics Overview example will help you...